The North Dakota Tea Party Caucus will promote citizen involvement in the political process with a commitment to founding principles as set forth in the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution.
- Informed consent
- Individual liberty and personal responsibility
- Proper role of government
a) Limited in size and scope of influence
b) Simplified tax code
c) Fiscal transparency and responsibility
- State’s Rights
The North Dakota Tea Party Caucus will maintain an organizational committee to facilitate the activities of local chapters. They will encourage grass roots development through the active participation of individual members at every level. With a commitment to openness and flexibility, the organizational committee hopes to model a “bottoms-up” mentality for citizen involvement.
The only criterion for membership is articulated in the opening words to the Preamble of the US Constitution, “We the people…”
Together with other like-minded individuals in Tea Party organizations across the country, the North Dakota Tea Party Caucus aims to reach out and bring together people from all walks of life and persuasion for the express purpose of involvement in some aspect of the political process.
As individuals, members will be invited to share ideas and opinions. The importance of a cohesive effort with an eye on the future is a direct reflection of a deep concern for the next generation and beyond.
The North Dakota Tea Party Caucus looks to the future with an eye on the development and election of sound leaders at the local, state and national levels. This is attainable only through a systematic process of essentially three parts:
- Engagement and Education
- Implementation With Active Participation
Goals and Objectives
The North Dakota Tea Party Caucus stands on a broad base which covers the solid foundation set down by the framers of the US Constitution and its counterpart, the ND State constitution.
- To provide opportunities for the development of an informed electorate
- To move toward open primaries
- A comprehensive statewide organization with local chapters in each legislative district
- Collaboration with national Tea Party organizations without formal affiliations
- Commitment to honorable conduct which includes integrity and responsibility in all aspects of the process whether public or private
- Fiscal responsibility
Short Term Initiatives
- To develop, maintain, and support an active website for communication and education
- Begin 6-7 local chapters in strategic areas
- Networking with other like-minded state organizations
- Formation of an entity to accept contributions
- Fund raising plan
- Marketing strategy for public awareness and membership recruitment
- Legislative tea party caucus
- Exposure in a variety of venues—2012 Republican convention, ND Tea Party Caucus rally/convention, etc.
With the realization that “We the People…” are the power behind the American Experiment, which has become the American Dream and the envy of the world, we must own the incumbent responsibility which presents itself at this moment in history. In the words of a great leader,
“Radical changes in world politics leave America with a heightened responsibility to be, for the world, an example of a genuinely free, democratic, just and humane society.” John Paul II
While we may not have the ability to start the world over again as the Founding Fathers did in 1776, we can stop and reflect on what brought us to where we stand today. From here, we can begin to return to our roots and keep the beacon of hope shining like a “city on a hill.”
This effort requires the recognition of a simple fact played out on the stage of history: If you are not willing to be involved in politics, you must be willing to be governed by your inferiors.
There is no question that the Tea Party movement changed the face of the elections in 2010, but we must press on. We cannot waste even a moment of the most valuable resources we have. Those resources are the time, energy and willingness of ordinary citizens to act in the interest of freedom. This charter is only the beginning. Let freedom ring!